Dear parents and students,
Monday will be our first rehearsal for the July 4th Parade. The schedule is as follows for July 1,2, and 3:
7:30 am Drum Majors (Richele and Lizzy)
8:00 am Drumline and Pit members
8:30 am Section Leaders
9:00 am Winds
10:00 am Color Guard
Some important reminders for rehearsals:
1. Bring a reusable water bottle with your name on it for rehearsals Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
2. Bring sunglasses
3. Wear sunscreen
4. Eat breakfast but avoid dairy (it can make you sick when you get hot)
5. Wear light colored and light weight clothing. No jeans, sweatshirts, etc.
6. Be smart! Listen to the advice of Directors, Drum Majors and Section Leaders! They've been through this before and want to keep you healthy during rehearsals.
On July 4th we will travel by bus at 9:00 am from Centennial HS to the State Farm Center. The parade will step off at 11:05 am. The school district will provide buses back to Centennial after the parade is concluded. The estimated return time is before 1:00 pm. Chaperones, please arrive a 15 minutes early to receive instructions.
Reminders for parade day are as follows:
1. Wear Summer uniform which includes:
a. Band polos (will be handed out during rehearsals next week)
b. Centennial shorts (will be handed out during rehearsals next week)
c. Short white socks
d. White tennis shoes
2. Water bottles will be provided during the parade. DO NOT bring a reusable bottle or it will need to be left on the bus.
3. Bring sunglasses
4. Wear sunscreen
5. Drink water when you are able throughout the parade.
Juleigh Miller on behalf of Mike Allen